Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Kumbaya Easy Ukulele Song by 21 Songs in 6 Days: Learn Ukulele the Easy Way

Kumbaya Easy Ukulele Song by 21 Songs in 6 Days: Learn Ukulele the Easy Way
http://ukulele.io/Buy21Songs - Learn to play ukulele the easy way with "21 Songs in 6 Days"

Visit our website for more great ukulele lessons, tabs, and a FREE ebook! http://ukulele.io/free-stuff


To learn lots more ukulele chords, try our playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5meDCz5zO-B8UjXstv_2WurNRGJyyWz8.


Get lots of ukulele FREE STUFF: tabs, lyrics and chord sheets! sign up for our mailing list at http://ukulele.io/free-stuff-offer.

Want to learn to play the theme music from our intro? Check out https://youtu.be/YznUjC8pnUQ.


"Kumbaya" or "Kumbayah" or "Cumbaya" (Gullah, "Come by Here"—"Kum ba yah") is a spiritual song first recorded in the 1920s. It became a standard campfire song in Scouting and summer camps and enjoyed broader popularity during the folk revival of the 1950s and 1960s.

Here are all the verses:

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Hear me crying, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me crying, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me crying, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Hear me singing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me singing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me singing, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Hear me praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Hear me praying, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Oh, I need you, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Oh, I need you, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Oh, I need you, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

The song has recently been used in satire and comedy. For example,
In the movie Addams Family Values, Wednesday Addams is horrified when on a summer camp, in order to "encourage" her to participate to the camp activities, the group starts singing "Kumbayah, my Lord, Kumbayah!" The camp-owners are later revealed to discriminate the children based on class, race, and physical appearance.
In the movie Heathers, Veronica has a dream that Heather Duke has a funeral and Heather Chandler's spirit shows up and says, "My afterlife is so boring. If I have to sing 'Kumbaya' one more time I will spew Burrito chunks."
In the movie Troop Beverly Hills the song is sung several times.
In the popular Canadian reality TV show Dragons Den, former Dragon Kevin O'Leary uses the song several times to poke fun at pitches that have a naïvely optimistic view of the world.
On Eekstravaganza!, Eek the Cat commonly exclaims "Kumbaya!"
In South Park season 8 episode 9, Randy leads a chours singing "Kumbaya" while watching the Wall-Mart burn

If you want to learn how to play ukulele, get your copy of ”21 Songs in 6 Days: Learn Ukulele the Easy Way” now at http://ukulele.io/Buy21Songs. You get a book and 60+ beginner ukulele lessons online at a private members only website.

No comments:

Post a Comment